In the 7 Joint Review Mission during July 12-August 13, 2010, the National Institute of Health and Family Welfare (NIHFW) was identified to take a lead to collaborate with SIHFW's and RHFWTC to mentor M&E process in States, linking with PRC's spread across 18 States. The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) designated the National Institute of Health and Family welfare (NIHFW), as the nodal agency, responsible for providing coordination and technical guidance for the project. To improve the efficiency of maternal and child health services and to facilitate the monitoring of universal access of these services by all the beneficiaries i.e. pregnant women and children, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare jointly with National Informatics Centre, launched a web enabled application , Mother and Child Tracking System (MCTS) (http://nrhm-mcts.nic.in) in December 2009. MCTS cell has been established at NIHFW from 1st October 2012. The cell has been working under Statistics & Demography department with the guidance and direction of MoHFW and NIHFW. It is a name-based tracking system whereby pregnant women and children can be tracked for their ANCs and immunization along with a feedback system for the ANM, ASHA etc., to ensure that all pregnant women receive their ante-natal care check-ups (ANCs) and post-natal care (PNCs); and further children receive their full immunization.
* To organize, coordinate and monitor training in the country directly and through SIHFWs and Collaborating Training Institutions (CTIs) in the field of MCTS portal.
* To upgrade the competence of health personnel and programme managers related to MCTS. (Data quality and quantity)
* To assist the States and Districts through CTIs and other institutions for training of Master Trainers for further training and strengthening MCTS at State, District and Sub-District level.
* To assess the training need of the functionaries at different levels and customize suitable training package and modules for ensuring proper implementation of MCTS in all the states and districts and sub-District health facilities.
* To facilitate utilization of quality data in Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation, Decision Making processes by all stake holders at all levels.
* To assess the training need of the functionaries at different levels and customize suitable training package and modules for ensuring proper implementations of MCTS in all the States, Districts and Sub-District health facilities.