The under mentioned categories of persons will be eligible to become the members of the library:
- All staff members of the Institute.
- All students of different courses conducted by the Institute.
- Scientific and Technical Libraries within the Union Territory of Delhi.
Number of publications that can be borrowed.
|S.No.||Category||No. of Publication|
|1||Faculty (including Research Officers)||10|
|2||Other staff members||5|
|3||Students of MD and Diploma Courses||10|
|4||One year course/Trainees of short term courses||2|
Period of loan and responsibilities of the borrower:-
- Books can be returned by the members within 15 days from the date of issue.
- The books issued for Departmental Libraries can be retained for one year from the date of issue.
- If any publication is required urgently by the Library, it will be recalled even before the due date.
- No Publication will issued to any member if there are any outstanding publication/publications against his/her name.
- If the outstanding publications are not returned/renewed, even after three reminders (issued normally within fifteen days from the due date) for return, the publications will be assumed as lost and the cost will be recovered.
- Publications kept as reserved category “For use in Library” can be borrowed on overnight issue system.
Estimation of the cost of publication lost:
The estimation of the cost of the publications lost will be as under:
- The actual cost of the publication as recorded in the library records plus Rs. 10/- handling charges.
- In case of publications where there is no record of the cost, the cost as determined by the Library Committee will charged.
- In case of out of Print/rare publications, the actual cost of making Xerox copy/microfilm will be charged.